< content="">


Marco Leoncino

Dear all,

first of all excuse me for my message in English, I live in Germany and strudying the language but I am not yet very fluent yet. I moved from Italy to Germany at the beginning of this year. When I was in Italy, I paid the contributions, as PhD student, for 3 years. Now I am paying the contributions in Germany (I work in a company) and I would like to know if and how I can transfer the 3 italian-years contributions to the one that I am paying here in Germany.

Is that possible?If yes, how can I do it?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Marco Leoncino


Dear Mr. Leoncino,

it is noch possible to transfer your italian contibutions to germany or the other way around.

Once you've reached the age to get pension payments (in Germany between the age of 63 and 67) you will have to apply for it here in Germany (if you're still living here). The German pension fund will then pay a pension to you only from the contributions you have made here in Germany. It will however send forms and informations to the italian pension fund and they also will pay you a pension from the contributions you've made in Italy.

If by then you have maybe returned to Italy the system works the same. You apply for your pension in Italy (you have to ask for the age directly in Italy, I don't know the law's over there) and the Pension fund will send information and forms to the german Pension fund.


There is an agreement between the german and italian pension fund.
The competent authority ist the
Deutsche Rentenversicherung Schwaben
Dieselstraße 9
86154 Augsburg
Phone (0821)500-0
Fax (0821)500-1000
Email info@drv-schwaben.de


Informazioni riguardanti la carriera del lavoratore:



Dear Mr. Leoncino,

the explanation of the european procedure that was given by TanteCharlie ist correct.

For further information have a look at the following brochure:

english Version:

italian Version:

Best regards!

Marco Leoncino

Thanks a lot for your support!